Saturday 27 October 2012

FIGHTING FUND PROGRESS UPDATE

Well Wow! What can I say- Angela's  fighting fund for Richard has exceeded all expectations over the last 48hours or so. Things really started to take off after Torrentfreak Published an article and at the same time ThePirateBay placed a doodle linking to the donation site  on their home pageTwitter helped spread the word as usual!

Angela and I are trying to thank all donors individually as well as responding to comments and good wishes. Its not very easy to do this without missing people or sending a thank you twice to the same person! Anyway we are doing our best. I know people on twitter have donated and its not alway possible to recognise and connect these with people following me on twitter so a  MASSIVE THANK YOU to all from twitter who have given and sent their messages of support, such a brilliant crowd whose support online has given me strength and helped  keep me going over these last 18 months.

Up to now 889 people from all over the world have donated £10,409! So much kindness and generosity from people really has been tremendous along with the great supportive comments. If this continues Angela should be sure to reach her goal of £25,000.

Just for info payment via the Gofundme site is via credit or debit card payment. Due to having a small number of people ask about alternative ways to donate people can also donate using  Flattr and there is now a  Flattr button on this blog. (This is new to me so I'm not sure how it works!) If people want to donate using other methods I'm sure that can be arranged so either contact me @jrodwyer or Angela @angelaroberts2 via twitter or leave a comment on here or on the Gofundme site and one of us will get back to you.

Someone has asked about Facebook verification of the Gofundme fighting fund the reason this hasn't happened is because Angela (who launched this fund) does not have a Facebook account - her dog does tho! Therefore you will not see it Facebook verified but I can assure everyone that monies raised will be used for its intended purpose as stated on this earlier post 


Depending on the outcome for Richard if there are any funds not used we will  ensure these are donated to worthy causes fighting against unjust extraditions and for extradition reform e.g Fair Trials International and Liberty







                                     






15 comments:

  1. I don't believe in justice but I believe in good people.

    Good luck from Spain. All the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of the donors. We will win this somehow. All the best to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge thanks for your kind donation, very much appreciated

      Delete
  3. Yep I donated too - let Richard know he is not alone here. I for one will be tracking his case and trying to help if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your generous donation and good wishes. Very much appreciated

      Delete
  4. Richard you're not alone....we are with you :) Don't Loose faith..in God. we will win...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! If the guy who hacked the CIA can win then so can you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope so and have loads of public support amazing! Thank you

      Delete
  6. You are still not searchable nor can you be found in the categories of gofundme.com. Please chech if this is your setting for the campaign or an error or, hope not, a subtle way to sabotage the campaign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.gofundme.com/1bo8vo

      May be because they want you to be Facebook verified first and Angela doesn't do Facebook at all. I'll check it out

      Delete
  7. Is there some way in which I could contact the campaign in order to arrange a possible interview. I have a cover letter that I would like to send the campaign although I can't find an E-mail address for doing so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should note that this would be for an independent documentary project.

      Delete
  8. I should note that this would be for an independent documentary project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tony, Sorry I have just seen your message. you can e mail me at juliaod@hushmail.me

    ReplyDelete